Don’t you love it when a healthier version of your favorite fall dishes falls into your laptop? Even my hubby, Chris gives these a “thumbs up.” Are you ready for my totally, absolutely, wonderfully delicious Maple Pecan Sweet Potatoes? Trust me, I’m not overselling them either . . . they are THAT good. You may even find you’ll be saying “no, thank you” to the desserts with this dish on your table :).
Maple Pecan Sweet Potatoes
What you’ll need:
2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 oz. pecans, chopped
1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Pepper to taste
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer in 9×13 inch glass dish.
3. Combine maple syrup, butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a bowl, and pour over potatoes.
4. Toss to coat and sprinkle pecans over top.
5. Cover potatoes with foil bake 15 minutes.
6. Uncover, stir and bake again, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown for 45-50 minutes longer.
What’s in it:
Each serving has 211 calories, 2.4g protein, 39.6g carbs, 5.4g fat, 5.4g fiber and 135mg sodium