What better way to break in the grill this Memorial Day than with a delicious recipe from our friend, and celebrity chef, Rocco DiSpirito! Enjoy this recipe and find MANY more mouthwatering masterpieces in Rocco’s #1 New York Times Bestseller, The Pound a Day Diet.
Want more Rocco? Tune in to the Extreme Weight Loss season premiere this Tuesday, May 27th to see how he helps Charita deal with some serious breakfast issues :). You will not want to miss this!
Lamb Loin Chops with Rosemary
by Rocco DiSpirito, The Pound a Day Diet
What you’ll need:
8 (4 ounce) bone-in loin lamb chops
12 very small cubanelle peppers, or 6 large cubanelle peppers cut into 2-inch chunks
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
½ cup thinly sliced onions
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat an outdoor grill to high or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
2. Season both sides of the lamb with salt and pepper. Make sure your grill top is clean, then place the chops on the grill with the small tips pointing to 2 o’clock; cook until the lamb has a nice grill mark, about 30 seconds. Rotate the small tip from the 2 o’clock position to 10 o’clock and cook for another 30 seconds to get another nice grill mark. Flip the chops over and repeat the steps. Move the chops, flat-bone-down, pointed-tip-up, to the foil-lined sheet pan.
3. Place the peppers on the grill and char them evenly on all sides while cooking, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers to the lamb; break up the rosemary with your hands and toss it over the chops and peppers. Pull the foil up over the lamb to make walls for the chops, then place another piece of foil on top for a lid. Move your tented lamb to the oven and cook to desired doneness, about 15 minutes for medium.
4. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it just begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and turn off the heat.
5. Place 2 lamb chops on each of 4 plates. Add the peppers to the pan with the onions and garlic, along with any juices from the bottom of the foil tent. Drizzle the cooking juices from the foil over the chops and spoon the peppers on top.
What’s in it:
Each serving contains 264 calories, 31.5g protein, 13.5g carbs, and 12g fat.
Find more fabulous recipes in Rocco’s #1 New York Times bestselling book The Pound a Day Diet!
Want to connect with Rocco? Find him here: