Thanks to the amazing Taylor Young, I was introduced to this tasty, no sugar added, protein carrot cake recipe! Yes, you are understanding correctly – you CAN eat carrot cake on your diet…you’re welcome ;). Now get baking!
Protein Carrot Cake Bars
Makes 16 bars
What you’ll need:
How to make them:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix egg whites, Stevia, baby food carrots and water.
4. Pour the egg/carrot mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together well.
5. Lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick butter spray and add mixture, spreading evenly.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes until done. Enjoy!
What’s in them:
Each bar has 47 calories, .75g fat, 5g carbs and 5g of protein.