Our Powell Pack is super pro-protein because we know how powerful this macronutrient is for our health and well-being! In fact, it?s so important that a palm-sized portion is the foundation of every single meal?both low and high-carb?in our carb cycling program. No other nutrient earns those bragging rights! 🙂
So why is protein so important? Besides the weight loss benefits I?ve shared before, here are some other reasons it?s so crucial for all-around good health:
- Every single cell in your body contains protein, so consuming the right amount of this vital nutrient is crucial!
- Protein contains many vital vitamins and minerals including vitamin E, magnesium, iron, zinc, and the B vitamins?all of which your body needs to function properly.
- Besides muscles, it also helps build bones, cartilage, skin, and blood, as well as hair, nails, enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals.
- Not only is protein a body builder, but it?s also a body repairer! Protein is so powerful!
Wondering about some good sources for protein? Here you go:
- Dairy: cottage cheese, eggs, egg substitutes, yogurt (both Greek and non-Greek)
- Meat: chicken, duck, ostrich, turkey, beef, buffalo, elk, venison, pork
- Seafood: catfish, halibut, lobster, salmon, shrimp, tilapia, tuna
- Vegan: tempeh, texturized vegetable protein (TVP), tofu
And to get the most power from your protein, check out these helpful hints:
- Eat your protein first at every meal. You won?t miss out on any of this vital nutrient and you?ll feel fuller longer.
- For meats, choose the leanest cuts: Look for ?loin? (top loin, top sirloin, pork loin, tenderloin, center loin) and ?round? (eye of round, top round, bottom round, round tip). Remove any fat and skin, and broil, grill, roast, poach, or boil instead of frying.
- Go for low fat cottage cheeses, and non-fat plain or low-carb/high protein yogurts.
So there you have it?the power of protein. Make it the nutritional foundation of your day…every day!