Originally published on?ElizabethStreet.com.
Heidi Powell makes a kid-friendly favorite without the wheat.
We start every week right with a little bit of help from personal trainer Heidi Powell, and today, she?s sharing one of her favorite gluten-free dinner recipes. Whether or not you?re celiac, recent studies have suggested that it is beneficial for?everyone?to give up gluten (the reasoning is, we?re all slightly intolerant and just don?t know it). But we?re not all Gwyneth Paltrow?it?s hard to make kids eat super healthy foods regularly when they have their own, often picky tastes. Luckily, Heidi Powell?s chicken fingers recipe gives a healthy, gluten-free spin on a classic child favorite.
?A gluten-free lifestyle doesn?t mean boring!? Heidi tells us. ?Your kids (and you) can still enjoy old-fashioned chicken strips, sans the gluten?and?the fat.? Sound unreal? It?s not! Get the recipe below.
Gluten-Free Chicken Strips, A Powell Pack Favorite!
1 ? pounds chicken tenderloins
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 cups gluten-free cornflakes, finely crushed
? teaspoon sea salt,
? teaspoon?garlic powder
? teaspoon?onion powder
Chili powder to taste
- Heat oven to 375?F.
- Prepare two cooking sheets with non-fat cooking spray.
- Combine egg and mustard in a small bowl.
- On a plate, mix cornflakes and spices.
- One at a time, dunk the tenderloins in the egg mixture, then fully coat with cornflake mixture. Place tenderloins immediately onto prepared cooking sheet.
- Bake at 375?F for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Watch your kids devour these grease-free chicken strips!
Where do you get gluten free corn flakes?
Try Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. Enjoy!
Where do you suggest we purchase the chicken, should it be organic? Whole foods ????!!
Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s are great options, or wherever you usually purchase your chicken. Enjoy!
Hi carb or low carb day? I am in need of variety and this is great. My husband loves home made chicken fingers.
High carb day because of the corn flakes. Enjoy! 🙂