If there’s ONE thing I would teach to anyone who would listen about how to achieve your goals and become the person you want to be (okay, maybe one of the top things I would teach), it would be that failure is a huge key—and it’s actually necessary—to achieving ANY goal. But…it’s the fear of failure that keeps many of us from even making that first attempt. And if we do make that first attempt, and it doesn’t go so well, very few of us will make a second attempt.
But guys, we need to embrace failure and make it our new BFF! In this LIVE with Heidi episode, Jennifer Cohen is sharing her powerful thoughts and perspectives on failure and how facing failure and taking it head on can make us bold and fearless and teach us how to persevere and go after what we want in all areas of our lives. And she’s teaching all of us why asking the question, “What’s the Worst That Can Happen?” can seriously change our lives. Once we can answer that question, there’s no stopping us!
Jennifer Cohen is a leading fitness and wellness authority, best-selling author, entrepreneur, and frequent guest on national media who was recently named “100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness” by Greatist and ranked #16 “Most Impactful Fitness Entrepreneurs” by Web MD. She’s the brains behind and in front of the camera of the popular podcast, Habits & Hustle, where her goal is to help listeners level up their physical and mental capabilities. Jennifer is the founder of The Good Human Foundation, a 501c3 charity, which hosts an annual star-studded “Babes for Boobs” bachelor auction, benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation. This charity is close to her heart, as her mother is a cancer survivor.
I got to know Jennifer personally a few months ago, and she is a powerhouse woman, businesswoman, wife, mother, and friend. She is as authentic and vulnerable as they come, she takes full advantage of all the opportunities she gets in life, and she doesn’t let failure stop her. In fact, she uses it to propel her forward! And she’s also one of the kindest people I know—she’d give the shirt off her back to anyone.
Some questions I ask:
- What was your experience with Keanu Reeves that I’ve heard so much about? (12:27)
- What are your thoughts about failure? (15:44)
- What is a “10% Target Mindset,” and how does it work? (17:04)
- Why do you always wear your Wonder Woman necklace? (40:30)
- How can we re-frame our perspectives? (44:40)
Some key takeaways from this episode:
- One experience can be a tell-tale moment for our entire lives. (12:27)
- The importance of failure. (15:44)
- How a “10% Target Mindset” can lead to success. (17:04)
- Why it’s important to have reminders of who we are. (40:30)
- Perspective is everything—we’re either in a rut or a groove. (44:40)
Products + Services:
- Badass Body Goals Journal: Available to viewers for 50% off with code HEIDI50
- Habits & Hustle Podcast
Get social with Jennifer:
- Website: jennifercohen.com
- Instagram: @therealjencohen
- TED Talk: “The Secret to Getting Anything You Want in Life”