Remember that old saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away?” I don’t know if there’s proof in that apple-flavored pudding, but this mom is willing to go to any nutritional lengths if it means keeping my kids healthy and in school this season with no sick days spent at home!
Which also leads me to this question, “With fall just around the corner and ready to knock on your door, are you team pumpkin spice or team caramel apple?
It may not feel much like fall in Arizona, but in my neck of the desert, I am definitely team BOTH. Especially if they can be created in the form of a protein smoothie that this busy mom can take on the go.
What are some benefits to eating an apple a day?
Not only are apples good for eluding physicians and winning over teachers, but they come with some other pretty amazing health benefits too.
- Apples are full of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber which help our gut health and promote a healthy digestive process.
- They’re also great for fighting against heart disease and cancer, and yes, they’re a nutrient-dense, low-calorie snack that’s great for aiding in weight loss!
Plus they’re super easy to grab on the go, fit in just about any lunch box, taste delicious, and they pair amazing with peanut butter, caramel, cinnamon, chocolate…you name it! Just keep an eye on all the extras—added sugar every day definitely does not keep the doctor away!
And while it may not be a caramel apple, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Apple Protein Shake is giving me ALL the fall feels, and it’s quickly becoming my new seasonal go-to. You’re about to find out why, and I’m willing to bet you’ll feel the same way!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Apple Protein Shake
- 1 handful spinach (about 1 cup)
- 1 apple, chunked (do not peel)
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 scoop Transform Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Meal Replacement Shake
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water (add more as needed)
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can add more ice if you’d like, but it’s not needed!
Nutrition information (makes 1 serving): 332 calories, 8g fat, 49g carbs, 22g protein
Optional: You can also sub 1 scoop chocolate protein powder + 2 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter if you don’t have this Transform flavor on hand!
I know, it may seem daunting to add an apple to your blender. Pro tip: Slice the thing first. This smoothie will give you the best fall flavors and leave you feeling full, satisfied, and ready for apple picking and the pumpkin patch in no time.
What’s your favorite seasonal go-to?
Falling for Apple Season + This Quick Apple Snack
Apple Chicken Hash
15 Foods That Will Help You Feel Full (And Actually Taste Delicious)
Caramel Apple Cake