When I think about Valentine’s Day, I see hearts, the color red and of course CHOCOLATE! This recipe is the perfect Valentine’s Day cheat treat because it includes all of those things!! I dare say these cookies might work even better than cupid’s arrow at winning over that special Valentine this year! This recipe comes from Clean Simple Foodie – Erika Peterson . Give it a try!
by Erika Peterson, Clean Simple Foodie
Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Cookie
What you will need:
½ cup coconut oil, softened (almond butter works too!)
½ cup honey
½ cup baking Stevia
1 whole egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp red food coloring
2 cups Kodiak Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix Protein Packed OR white whole-wheat flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
60 dark chocolate chips, melted
1. Using a hand mixer, beat together coconut oil, honey and stevia until well combined. Add whole egg, vanilla and food coloring. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine Kodiak Power Cakes mix OR whole-wheat flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out dough and cut into shapes or use a cookie scoop to form balls.
6. Place cookie dough on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
Tip: If using protein powder in recipe, store leftovers (if any!!) in the fridge.
What’s in each cookie:
About 105 calories; 6g fat; 12g carbs; 4g protein
*Macros using coconut oil, Kodiak Power Cakes mix and protein powder with 140 calories per scoop.
Superman’s wife, Mother of 3, lover of family, fitness, and baseball tees and of course, anything that involves clean food (lots of it)! AFPA certified nutrition and wellness consultant, certified TRX group fitness instructor and Clean. Simple. Foodie. If you need me, I’ll be in the kitchen!