Summertime (and really, anytime) motto: Don’t ignore the glutes! 😉 Ladies, put on your favorite confidence-boosting, booty-sculpting leggings, because we’re about to put in work today. Booty work, that is.
I love this workout because you have SO many options to get in a great sweat session: You can use dumbbells for added resistance, resistance bands if you’re traveling or taking this workout on the road, or use your Tonal if you want to really make it tough!
Related: Click here for my Tonal review
Best At-Home Lower Body Workout
If you don’t have equipment, or if you are trying to sneak in a quick workout while on the road, you honestly don’t need anything except that gorgeous body of yours. Here’s what we’re going to do: 15 reps and 2 sets of each movement with 1 minute of rest between sets.
Here’s the equipment you’ll need:
Here are the moves!
Bulgarian Split Squat
1. Stand several feet in front of a bench and take an aggressive step back with one foot, placing it on the top of the bench.
2. Keeping your weight on your front heel, lower your back knee as far as it will go until your hips stop you.
3. Then drive upward through that front heel until your knee is full extended. Do 15 reps, then do 15 reps on the other side.
Tip: Keep your chest and head up and focus on keeping the movement controlled.
1. Lie on the ground, knees bent, feet about shoulder width apart, shoulders anchored to the floor.
2. Keeping your rib cage tucked under, press through your heels and use your glute muscles to raise your hips upward off the floor while pressing your knees outward until your hips come almost level with your knees.
3. Pause briefly, squeezing that booty! Then slowly lower to the starting position. This equals 1 rep.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed out a bit.
2. Keeping your weight in your heels, bend your knees, and lower your butt down and back, as if being pulled from behind by a belt. Make sure your knees are tracking over your feet as you lower down.
3. At the bottom of the movement, make sure your lower legs are perpendicular to the floor as much as possible. Don’t let your knees go over your toes.
4. Return to the starting position in a controlled manner, making sure your form stays intact. This equals 1 rep.
Tip: Keep your chest and head up throughout the move.
1. Begin this movement standing with feet at or closer than hip width apart, piked forward at the waist with your back flat, knees slightly bent.
2. Keeping your back flat, squeeze your glutes to pull your torso back to standing position.
3. To return to the starting position, let the weight track back down your legs until you feel a deep stretch in the hamstring OR until your back begins to round. This equals 1 rep.
Tip: Be sure to keep your shoulder blades squeezed together to keep your back flat.
Whew! Told you it’d be a booty burner! Don’t forget to take a few minutes to stretch and foam roll your glutes, hamstrings, and quads today if you have a foam roller available! And be sure to drink plenty of water to help with your recovery and any possible leg-day related soreness!
What type of workout would you like to see next? Comment below and let me know what I can put together to help you stay focused on your summertime fitness goals!
Lower Body HIIT At-Home Workout // No Equipment Needed!
10 Foam Rolling Exercises, Stretches, and Mobility Movements
Stretch It Out: Why Stretching Is Important
Deep Tissue Massage Ball for Myofascial Release || What, Why, and How + Top Exercises
At-Home 20 Minute Total Body Burner