This summer has been nothing short of magical and chaotic, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Some days I feel like I’m living out of a suitcase as my determination to make lasting memories with my family takes priority, and that’s okay. There will be time for rest soon enough, but right now, I’m soaking up every single second of laughter, sunshine, and all the hugs that I can get. Even from Elmsworth…AKA Matix. Don’t know what I mean? Check out my IG stories for a laugh. I’m sure there’s still a good Elmsworth one floating around somewhere.
So, what’s better than adding another quick workout to the roster? Since I’m a huge believer in practicing what I preach, these fast burners have been my go-to lately when I’m not able to make it to an actual gym.
10 Minute Lower Body Workout
This quick and simple lower body workout can be done just about anywhere (as evidenced by my poolside setting 😎) with minimal time (10 minutes! ⏱) + minimal equipment. I used water jugs for these movements, but you can still get a killller burn using only your body weight! Pro fact: One full water jug equals about 8 pounds!
Here’s what you’ll do:
Super simple. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Hit start. Then, complete as many rounds as possible of the following moves (keep reading for a breakdown on how to perform each movement!):
DB Sumo Deadlifts (12 reps)
- Stand with your feet planted firmly on the ground, feet wider than your hips.
- Holding a water jug in each hand (or skip this part if you’re doing body weight), let your arms extend down in front of you so that both jugs are between your legs.
- Squat down so that both jugs tap (or come close to tapping) the ground.
- Drive through the heels and push back up to a standing position.
- Make sure you’re keeping your core tight, back straight, and chest up through every rep!
Alternating Reverse Lunges (12 reps each side)
- Stand with your feet together, arms extended at your sides, with a water jug in each hand (optional).
- It doesn’t matter which leg you start with, but take one leg and lunge back, keeping the other foot planted firmly on the ground in front of you.
- When you lunge back, your front knee should create a 90 degree angle. Make sure your knee does not extend past your toe.
- The back lunging knee should tap the ground.
- Return to your starting position and switch legs.
Alternating Step Ups (12 reps each side)
- For this one, you can use a sturdy chair, a sturdy outdoor table or bench, a step…as long as what you’re using is safe!
- Stand with both feet together on the ground, hold a water jug under your chin, OR one in each hand with arms at your sides, or opt for body weight.
- With your right foot, step up on your surface, bringing your left foot up to meet your right foot.
- With the right foot still planted on the surface, slowly (and controlled) lower that left foot back down to the ground.
- You can keep your right foot planted on the surface as you complete all reps, and then switch sides.
Calf Raises (15 reps)
- Find a raised surface where you can stand solidly with the front half of your feet, leaving your heels off the ledge. A stair would work, or a curb, etc.
- Holding a water jug in each hand, keep your arms extended at your sides.
- Raise yourself so that you’re standing on your toes, and hold for a count of 2 before lowering your heels back down.
Feeling the burn yet?! 😉🍑😘 Don’t forget to comment below after you try this one and let me know what you think. Need an idea for another workout? Let me know what you’d like to see next!
No Equipment? No Problem! At-Home Upper Body Workout
No Equipment Booty + Leg Burner: At-Home Lower Body Workout
At-Home Body Sculpting || Sexy Back + Shoulder Shaper
At-Home 20 Minute Total Body Burner
Simple At-Home Tabata Workout