Okay friends, it’s time to break out a sweat! One of the best things you can do for your mind and body is get up and MOVE. A break away from our computers, iPads, phones, and devices will do our minds and our bodies some good. And moms, it’s okay to admit that a break away from the kids will do us some good too! So here you have it a quick twelve-minute sweat session sure to get your mind and body right.
Total Body: AMRAP (12 minutes total)
Set your timer for 12 minutes. You’ll go through and repeat all these moves and their prescribed reps as many times through as you can for the 12 minutes. When you’re done, record how many rounds you completed and leave a comment so I can cheer you on!
2 Step Reverse Lunge (10 reps each side):
- Begin in a standing position with your hands on your hips. Take a slight step backwards, drop your knee a bit towards the ground (partial lunge position), then step back farther, gently “kissing” your back knee to the ground, ending up in a full lunge (link) position
- Keeping the front knee over the toe, step forward to partial lunge position, then drive through the forward heel to that then back to a standing position. This equals one rep.
Single Leg Stiff Leg Deadlift (10 reps each side):
- Stand with feet at or closer than hip width apart, holding a dumbbell or water jug in your right hand.
- Pike forward at the waist, raising your right leg behind you and letting the weight track down your leg until you feel a deep stretch in the hamstring or when your back begins to round.
- Squeeze your right glute to pull your torso back upright. This equals one rep.
Squat Pivot Lunge Punch (10 reps each side):
- Begin in a standing position, feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed slightly outward.
- Keeping your weight in your heels, bend your knees and lower your butt down and back, keeping the weight in your heels.
- Then pivot your body to the right, dropping your left knee down until it “kisses” the floor, punching your arms straight out.
- Pivot back to a squat, and return to the starting position. This equals one rep.
Triple Leg Raise (10 reps):
- Lying with your back flat on the ground, lift one leg perpendicular to the floor, put it down, lift the other leg perpendicular to the floor, put it down, then lift both together legs together perpendicular to the floor, and put them down.
- Be sure to keep your core tight throughout the move. This equals one rep.
There you have it! A total body burner that’s sure to light those muscles on fire, get your heart rate up, and release those much-needed endorphins to get you feeling happy and like yourself again! I don’t know about you, but exercise has become such a stress reliever for me lately. What’s one way you’re staying stress-free during this time?!
Fit in Five Minutes: 3 Move AMRAP
My 10-Minute Anywhere Workout || Bodyweight Moves for Beginners and Advanced
Busy Mom Water Jug & Couch Workout
Couch Potato Booty Workout
At-Home 20 Minute Total Body Burner