Alright busy ladies, here’s how we get rockin’ abs in just 5 minutes a day! Now, I wouldn’t advise you do this workout every day at first, but throw it in the mix – first one day a week, then maybe twice a week, on up to three or four days a week to fire up that core and help build and sculpt the abs muscles.
Here’s how you do it:
Set the clock for 5 minutes.
In the first 90 seconds, do as many Twisters as you can
In the next 90 seconds, do as many Knees-to-Elbows as you can.
For the remaining 2-minute period, hold a Plank. If you need a break, drop to your knees for 5 seconds and get right back into the plank position to complete.
Record the number of Twisters and Knees-to-Elbows you were able to complete in the 90-second periods, and how many seconds you were able to hold the Plank consecutively before your break, and try to beat it the next time you complete this workout.
Not sure what some of these moves are? Help is here!
- Begin lying on the ground face-up, knees bent between 45 and 90 degrees, and arms extended to the sides.
- Keeping your shoulders anchored to the ground and knees together, rotate your legs over to the left side. Touch your left knee to the ground to mark a complete repetition.
- Rotate your legs over to the right side and touch your right knee to the ground to mark another repetition.
- Begin lying on the ground face-up, legs extended, and arms extended overhead.
- In one motion, draw your knees toward your chest and swing your arms forward, crunching upward with your torso. Touch your elbows to your knees.
- Extend legs downward and arms back overhead. Touch heels and hands to the ground.
- Begin lying face-down, propped up on your elbows. Elbows should be aligned directly underneath your shoulders, and your legs should be fully extended with ankles extended and toes on the ground.
- Squeeze your buttocks, draw your belly button in toward your spine, and raise your body 1 foot off of the ground. Hold the position as long as you can.