If you follow Chris and me on Social Media, you might?ve noticed that we pretty regularly post something like this:
Water check! How much water have you enjoyed today? Grab that water bottle and ensure that you are drinking at least half your weight in ounces of water every day (150 lb person drinks 75 oz of water)!
Why do we do this? What?s the big deal about water? Water is extremely important to not only general health, but weight loss too!
Your body is made up of around 60% water. That?s pretty amazing?over half of your body weight is water, which means that less than half your weight is made up of bones, muscles, and other tissues.
Does that fact, alone, give you a tiny hint as to why water?and drinking enough of it?is so important? Here are some amazing roles water plays in your body:
- Helps your kidneys flush out all that waste.
- Regulates your body?s temperature.
- Cushions organs and tissues.
- Keeps your joints nice and lubricated.
- Transports nutrients and oxygen throughout your body.
- Helps keep you regular. 😉
- Keeps body tissues moist.
- Helps keep your skin looking good. (Yes, please!).
H2O ?also plays a critical role if you?re trying to lose weight and/or achieve some health and fitness goals:
- Drinking water can help you feel full. Often, when you feel hungry, your body is trying to tell you it?s thirsty.
- Got cravings? Drink some water and usually that craving will go away. And since water has zero calories, think of all those calories you?ll be saving by drinking water instead of caving to your cravings!
- Water energizes your muscles, which means your workouts will go better, your body will get stronger, and you?ll be able to burn more calories. And don?t forget to drink water before, during, and after exercise. You need to replace all that water you?re sweating away while your well-hydrated muscles are burning all those calories! 😉
If you aren’t a water drinker yet, and really don?t like the taste of plain water, try these tips:
- Add a wedge of lemon or lime to your water.
- Add a small splash of 100% fruit juice. You?ll hardly be adding any calories, and that small splash of flavor just might do the trick!
- Add some cinnamon?not only can it help you get that water down, but it has some other health benefits too.
- Use an?Infuser Water Bottle?to add some of your favorite fruity flavors to your H2O.
- If you must use water enhancers, choose those sweetened with stevia or xylitol.
Has all this talk about water made you thirsty? Go drink up right now! 🙂
Want more quick, easy tips just like this? Check out Choose More, Lose More for Life, now available in both hardback and paperback!