Today is the day we’ve been waiting for! Although Christmas is only three days away, today is even, dare I say, more exciting than the holiday for Chris and me…it’s the official release of Extreme Transformation! So much blood, sweat, and tears (literally!) have gone into this mini-masterpiece, and I am so thrilled and grateful I get to share it with all of you.
Since it’s the Christmas season and we’re in the spirit of service and giving AND I’m just overly excited to give you an inside look at the book, I’m sharing a sneak peek into one of the workouts we designed for Extreme Transformation. Seriously, this is straight out of the book?every move, every instruction?exactly as you’ll see it in print. What more could you ask for?! Check out our Day 1 Metabolic Mission (strength training) and Accelerator (cardio) below, and get up and get movin’!
Day 1: Metabolic Mission: Go the Distance (Stepladder)
The 3 movements for this Metabolic Mission are Kickbacks, Push Ups, and Back Lunges. Set a clock for 12 minutes, start at 3 reps for each movement, and increase 3 reps every circuit (for example, 3, 6,9, 12, 15, 18…). How many circuits can you do in 12 minutes? If you need to stop and rest for a few seconds, that’s totally okay! Just get moving again as soon as you can. See below for the how-to for each movement.
To perform a kickback:
- Begin standing with feet together, hands by your side.
- Squat down and place your hands on the ground just outside your feet.
- Jump your feet back to push up position.
- Jump forward with feet landing inside your hands.
- Stand straight up.
Standard:?At the bottom of the Kickback, your hips must be fully extended with just your hands and feet touching the floor.? At the top of the movement, your hips and knees must be fully extended? standing upright.
To perform a push up:
- Begin in the plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, elbows extended and abs tight.
- Bend at your elbows, lowering your body to the ground but staying rigid from your feet to your shoulders.
- Immediately press upward, extending the elbows, keeping the abs tight and your body rigid.
Standard:?At the bottom of the push up, the chest and thighs must touch the ground.? At the top of the push up, the elbows must be fully extended. For some modifications, go here.
To perform a back lunge:
- Begin in a standing position.
- Take an aggressive? step backward with the right foot, gently “kissing” your back knee to the ground.
- Keeping the front left knee over the toe, drive through the forward heel to a standing position.
- Alternate legs and repeat.
Standard: At the bottom of the lunge, the back knee must gently “kiss” the ground for the rep to count and the point of contact must be behind the center line of the body.? At the top of the movement, you must be standing upright with hips and knees extended. For some modifications, go here.
Accelerator: 5 Minutes (minimum)
Select any activity of your choosing and keep your heart rate above 120 beats per minute (bpm) for the entire time. Prescribed optional interval for maximum results: Mighty Minutes (1:00 low intensity/1:00 high intensity).
Love the workout? You can buy Extreme Transformation for dozens of more workouts, healthy recipes, and tips from Chris and me, here!