Chris and I get asked all of the time what our fave go-to meals are, especially since—like many of you—we have a crazy, busy life! And while we have over 230 amazing, healthy, and delicious meals from Grab N? Go to Gourmet in our TRANSFORM App (and please don’t let the name fool you—many of these Gourmet meals are easy-to-fix), let’s be honest…anything even close to Gourmet ain’t gonna? happen in the Powell home these days! So when Chris and I talked about what our fave meals are, not so surprisingly, they’re all the Grab N’ Go and Quick Prep variety. 😉 And while all of these recipes are from the 300 calories/meal level in the app, rest assured that YOUR meal plan will give you the correct calories and macros to keep you progressing towards YOUR goals!
First up…my faves.
If you follow me at all on social media, you’ll know that I seriously cannot survive without my daily Starbuck’s Marshmallow Dream Bar. #IshouldbuystockinStarbucks 😉 This meal fits beautifully into my high carb days, takes about 30 seconds flat to fix, and really takes care of any sweet craving I’m having.
Marshmallow Dream Bar and Protein Shake
2/3 Starbuck’s Marshmallow Dream Bar
1 1/3 scoops vanilla protein powder
10 ounces water
1. Mix water with protein powder and enjoy with Marshmallow Dream Bar on the side. Makes 1 serving
Nutrition information: 291 calories, 3g fat, 34g carbs, 31g protein
Next, a go-to low carb fave that is super easy to prepare and even yummier than it is easy! And I’d say that anything with cheese that is on plan is a win in my book. 😉
Scrambled Eggs, Cheese, and Avocado
5 large egg whites
1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
1/2 small avocado, diced
1. Separate egg whites from yolk, whisk for 30-45 seconds. Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Scramble eggs until done to desire texture. Sprinkle cheese and avocado over the top of eggs and enjoy! Makes 1 serving
Nutrition Information: 303 cal; 18g fat; 8g carbs; 32g protein
Now for Chris’ faves. His #1 pick lately is anything cereal. Cereal is the perfect carb—you can grab a handful and eat it dry, enjoy it with some unsweetened almond milk, mix it into other foods, use it as a topping for ice cream, and the list goes on and on. And there are so many varieties from the super sweet to the fiber-rich ones, so cereal is seriously so user-friendly! Another one of Chris? faves is peanut butter (he often has a jar and a spoon in his backpack #Ikidyounot), so cereal AND peanut butter? This breakfast option was a no-brainer choice for him.
Frosted Cereal and Peanut Butter Shake
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
8 ounces water
2/3 cup frosted cereal flakes
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. In a blender, combine protein powder, peanut butter, and water. Blend until well combined.
2. Serve cereal with almond milk and enjoy peanut butter shake on the side. Makes 1 serving
Nutrition information: 312 calories, 10g fat, 30g carbs, 27g protein
And you’ve probably seen him share this low carb meal on social media one or ten times, so this one was another no-brainer for him. And if you meal prep (which you should!), it?s super quick!
Ground Turkey Marinara
3 ounces extra-lean ground turkey (meal prepped)
1/2 cup steamed broccoli
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup low-sugar marinara
1/4 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. In a bowl, combine the steamed broccoli and butter, toss until well coated.
2. In the same bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, mix well, and enjoy! Makes 1 serving
Nutritional Information: 308 cal; 15g fat; 12g carbs; 31g protein
For any of you who are vegetarian or vegan, you can enjoy these meals too—just sub your fave vegan/vegetarian protein source for the ones in the recipes and enjoy!
And I know some of you may be asking yourselves, “How are Marshmallow Dream Bars and frosted cereal healthy?” Great question! We live by the 80/20 rule: 80% of the time we eat totally “healthy,” and the other 20% of the time, we eat those foods we love that might note be quite as “healthy.” This is how we’ve planned the meals in the app too! This rule keeps those cravings away AND it’s a great psychological transformation tool we’ve been using ourselves and with our peeps for years. No matter how dedicated you are to your plan, if you deprive yourself of the things you love for too long, you WILL have a major binge party at some point that will derail your progress. So give the 80/20 rule a try—it works!
What are your fave go-to meals? Share in the comments below so we can all try them out!
And here are more of our faves:
Spring Break Savory & Sweet Treats || BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza & One-Minute Brownie
My (Almost) Famous Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats!
Peanut Butter Power Fudge
Gluten-Free Maple Bacon Protein Donuts
Memorial Day BBQ Recipes: Mouthwatering and Powell-Approved!