Not everyone has two hours (or even one hour!) to dedicate to the gym, but I’d be willing to bet just about everyone has ten minutes each day they can dedicate to doing something good for themselves!
Even you. You guys, we all know my days are nothing but pure, beautiful chaos. BUT I can always squeeze in those extra ten minutes.
So if you’re part of the crazy-busy-hot-mess-mom club, welcome. I’m so glad you’re here. Let’s each make a pact that we’re going to focus on the small moments each day where we can make a big impact. Starting now. Got ten minutes? Let’s do this.
10 Minute Upper Body Workout
Here’s what you’ll do:
You’ll perform a total 3 sets of 12 reps for each move. If a move calls for doing one side at a time, then do all 12 reps for that movement on one side and then on the other side. You’ll cycle through ALL the moves below, then rest 60 seconds before heading into your second set, and then again before your third.
Engaged Single Arm Shoulder Press
- Standing with a dumbbell in each hand, start with both hands at your shoulders.
- Starting with your right side, slowly push the dumbbell up and extend straight overhead, keeping your left arm still bent and holding the dumbbell at your shoulder.
- Focus on squeezing your muscles as you push up, and bring it back down slow and controlled. That’s one rep. Repeat for 11 more reps before switching to the left side.
Engaged Bent Over Row
- Standing with your feet hip width apart and a dumbbell in each hand at your sides, slowly bend over at the waist, keeping your back flat and your core engaged.
- Keep your left arm bent, engaged with the dumbbell into your stomach.
- Then slowly extend your right arm down toward the ground, then row that arm and dumbbell up, driving through the elbow to the sky. Lower back down to the starting position—that’s one rep. Repeat for 11 more reps before switching to the left side.
- Stand (or sit) with both arms bent at a 90 degree angle, dumbbell in each hand, palms facing toward you.
- Press both arms up overhead, rotating your arms so your palms face out at the top of the press.
- As you lower back to the starting position, rotate your arms so your palms face towards you at the bottom. That’s one rep. Repeat for 11 more reps.
Rear Delt Fly
- Stand with your feet about hip width apart, dumbbell in each hand.
- Hinge at the hip so you create a slight bend forward, keeping your back flat and your core engaged.
- Keeping your back flat and starting with your arms down, you’re going to laterally extend each arm out to your side.
- Bring both arms back down. That’s one rep. Repeat for 11 more reps.
Whew! Who knew ten minutes could feel so hard AND oh, so good?! I swear, it’s often these short burners that end up being my favorite workouts!
Okay, what workouts would you like to see next? Drop a comment below, and I’ll get working on them!
5 Workouts You Can Do Anywhere
At Home + On-the-Go Workout: 15 Minute Banded Lower Body Workout
Fit in Five Minutes: 3 Move AMRAP
Tabata: 20 Minute Resistance Band At-Home Workout
Lower Body HIIT At-Home Workout // No Equipment Needed!