If you haven’t already seen my gorgeous younger sister, allow me to introduce you to her. Ok, just kidding, this beautiful woman is my mom. And for the record, she has been mistaken for my sister. There’s no denying this woman is the epitome of radiating beauty from the inside out. I’ve shared my best kept anti-aging tips from my mom, but one of her top tips for staying young? Get your booty moving, mama!
So, in honor of Mother’s Day, we’re doing a workout perfect for you to share with your mama! Plus, I’m going live with my mom to do this workout on Sunday May 8th. Click here to join us. Hey, it’s all about family around here, and workouts are no exception. So grab your mama and get ready to join us. Plus we’ll dig into weekly challenges and what other magic is inside this summer’s 60-Day Get Fit Challenge.
If you’re wondering, “What is this 60-Day Get Fit Challenge?”, well, listen up: Join me for 8 weeks of workouts, dance parties, yoga, meal prep demos, guest speakers, nutrition guides, workout logs, weekly lives, and more! You’ll see incredible results in these next 8 weeks and leave with the biggest win…the blueprint on how to actually enjoy the journey of becoming the best version of YOU.
Hard as a Mother // Mother’s Day Workout
Here’s how the workout works, and trust me, it’s hard as a mother, but every mama out there is one tough cookie so I just know you’ll get through this. This workout is a two-parter. Part one is two moves (hip thrusts and split squats) with a 90-second rest. You’ll do this for three rounds. After part one, rest for two minutes and move on to part two. Part two is three moves (walking lunges, sumo squats, and mountain climbers). You’ll do this for three rounds with no rest between rounds. And if you’re feeling spicy, get in that bonus burnout! Now grab your mama and get your booty moving.
This part consists of two moves for 3 Rounds with 90 seconds rest between rounds.
10 Hip Thrusts (Weighted or Partner)
1. Lie on the ground, knees bent, feet about shoulder width apart, shoulders anchored to the floor.
2. Keeping your rib cage tucked under, press through your heels and use your glute muscles to raise your hips upward off the floor while pressing your knees outward until your hips come almost level with your knees.
3. Pause briefly, squeezing that booty! Then slowly lower to the starting position. This equals 1 rep.
10 Bulgarian Split Squats (Modification: Sofa Squat)
1. Stand several feet in front of a bench and take an aggressive step back with one foot, placing it on the top of the bench.
2. Keeping your weight on your front heel, lower your back knee as far as it will go until your hips stop you.
3. Then drive upward through that front heel until your knee is full extended. Do 10 reps, then do 10 reps on the other side.
Tip: Keep your chest and head up and focus on keeping the movement controlled.
*90 seconds rest between rounds
Rest 2 Minutes
This part consists of three moves for 3 Rounds with no rest between rounds.
20 Bodyweight Walking Lunges (Modification: Stationary Lunge-10 each side)
1. Begin in a standing position with hands on your hips.
2. Take an aggressive step forward with the right foot, gently “kissing” your back knee to the ground.
3. Then drive upward and forward with your front foot until standing again with feet together.
4. Repeat with your left foot. This equals 1 rep.
20 Sumo Squats
1. Stand in an extra wide stance, toes pointed out at a 45 degree angle. Engage your glutes and squeeze your buns together.
2. Keeping your weight in your heels and your chest up, slowly lower your body into a “sumo squat” position. The bottom of the squat is when your knees are at 90 degrees.
3. Pressing through your heels and remembering to keep those glutes engaged, raise yourself back up to standing position. This equals 1 rep.
60 Seconds Mountain Climbers
1. Begin in a deep runner’s stance with both hands on the ground, shoulder width apart.
2. Keeping your abs tight, jump and switch as fast as you can.
3. Land gently with the opposite foot forward. As soon as your feet touch down, jump quickly and switch feet again. Switch feet back and forth in a rhythmic motion.
*No rest between rounds
Bonus Mama Burnout!
100 Froggy Pumps
1. Lie on the ground with your legs in a butterfly position, using your arms to stabilize.
2. Then push up and squeeze your butt at the top. Return to the starting position. This equals 1 rep.
50 Rainbow Kickbacks (each leg) (click here for how-to video)
1. Begin on your hands and knees. Extend your right leg behind you, lifting it high up into the air.
2. Keeping your leg straight and your glutes engaged, slowly lower your foot down to the ground and over to one side, creating a rainbow-like path.
3. Once your foot touches the ground, “rainbow” your foot up into the air and over to the other side.
4. Your foot must touch both sides of the ground to count as one rep. Repeat all reps on one side before switching to the other side.
They say the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree, and let’s just say, the love of health and overflowing cup of happiness it brings I surely did get from my mama! Not to mention that, heck, if I can look HALF as good as she does when I’m her age, then I’ll be doing alright! Now, go give your mama some love. She deserves it.
10 Minute Upper Body Workout
Tabata: 20 Minute Resistance Band At-Home Workout
12 Minute Sweat Session: Total Body AMRAP Workout
5-Minute Workout for Sculpting Sexy Arms
At Home + On-the-Go Workout: 15 Minute Banded Lower Body Workout