As if I even had to remind you: It’s Girl Scout Cookie Season. How many boxes have you bought? Be honest! You guys, it’s basically impossible to have just one! But it’s so much bigger than cookies. These ladies are showing us what it means to hustle and be entrepreneurs. It’s really inspiring to see.
Don’t worry! You can support the mission without derailing your transformation. In fact, you can have the cookies and eat them too! Who would want to go through life without ever knowing what a Samoa tastes like?! It’s all about balance and knowing your boundaries (and setting them) so that one or two cookies don’t turn into the whole dang box.
The Best and Worst Girl Scout Cookies
When it comes to overall nutrition, there are some Girl Scout Cookies that rank higher than others. If you’re wanting to still enjoy a treat but stay on the nutritional safe side, Trefoils are going to be your go-to cookie. A serving size is 5 shortbread-style cookies (Yep, 5!) for a total of 160 calories, 7g fat, 21g carbohydrates, and 2g protein. Plus, they have 7g of sugar per 5 cookies. What makes this choice so good? There are only 10 ingredients total in the list, and sugar isn’t at the top. Plus, they only have 2 teaspoons of sugar for the entire 5 cookies!
The least healthy choices are going to be the S’mores (new!) and Caramel deLites (Don’t let the name fool you), even though they’re both so dang good. It’s probably no surprise that sugar is the top ingredient listed for both options. S’mores have a total of 180 calories per 2 cookies, 7g fat, 25g carbohydrates, and 1g protein. Plus, they have 16g of sugar per serving. The Caramel deLites are going to give you 140 calories per 2 cookies, 7g fat, 19g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, and 11g sugar.
Healthy Girl Scout Cookie-Inspired Recipe Swaps
So, while you can still definitely have your cookie and eat it too, what about the days you’re wanting to stay on the healthier side? I got you! These four recipes are healthy versions of your favorite Girl Scout Cookies that you can definitely enjoy more than once per Girl Scout Cookie Season!
- Girl Scout Inspired Mint Cookie Shake Recipe😕 If you’re a lover of the mint chocolate chip, then this is the shake for you!
- Samoa Inspired Protein Shake: Using our Everyday by Transform Salted Caramel Low Carb Meal Replacement Shake flavor is all that and a box of Girl Scout cookies. This shake is sure to curb your cookie cravings.
- Samoa Inspired Mug Cake: Whether you want a shake or a mug cake, you’ve got choices. This mug cake requires no actual baking skills, and it’ll keep the flavor alive year-round!
- Tagalong Inspired Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake: If you’re in the mood for some Girl Scout Tagalongs, try this decadently delicious peanut butter chocolate chip mug cake!
- Lemonades Inspired Lemon Protein Glaze Mug Cake: More of a lemon girl? Especially now as we transition into spring? Then this Lemon Poppy Seed with Lemon Protein Glaze Mug Cake is right up your alley, and perhaps in your microwave as we speak?!
Obviously, I’ve been more inspired by cookie season than you may have thought! What’s your favorite go-to Girl Scout cookie flavor? Who knows…if I don’t already have a copycat recipe for it, maybe I’ll try to make a healthy version of your favorite treat!
PS: If you love mug cakes, check these out!